Friday, March 19, 2010

housing

When I left my house, I was happy to move into an apartment that is cute and furnished. All I needed was me and a suitcase. But now, having not really lived in a home I can call mine for over a year, I'm starting to desire a home. Maybe I should find a place to rent and get some roommates. I'm not thrilled about the roommate thing, but it has occurred to me that I might be rushing into a relationship because I don't like living alone. Then again, I love my little place. After being solely responsible for taking care of a house (except for the rare moments when my ex felt like helping) it's nice to know that there's just not much to do! The dishes and a little sweeping. Occasionally some laundry. It's really very indulgent.

I wonder how important it is to my healing to have my own home? Is it important for me to do this alone? Eventually, I want to be married. I want to share my home with someone I love. I would love to have kids in it. Do I need to have my own place first?

No comments:

Post a Comment